Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Fake rack = super healthy

The Republican party, not content with the current loser's bag of candidates, has flung its collective net far and wide, and has hauled in...Oklahoma Senator Tom Coburn, who is now contemplating a run for the White House. Coburn, a doctor, is one of the most conservative members of the Senate, and, being from Oklahoma, is also one of the most stupid. (Hey, hey, Oklahoma...wish I could say I was kidding, but I'm not. You all let freaking Pat Robertson win the 1988 GOP primary. Absurd.) Just for kicks, here are two of my all-time favorite Tom-Coburn-is-a-world-class-moron moments:

Coburn, on rampant teen lesbianism:

“Lesbianism is so rampant in some of the schools in Southeast Oklahoma that they’ll only let one girl go to the bathroom. Now think about it.”

Coburn, on breast implants:
"And I thought I would just share with you what science says today about silicone breast implants. If you have them, you're healthier than if you don't. That is what the ultimate science shows. . . . In fact, there's no science that shows that silicone breast implants are detrimental and, in fact, they make you healthier."