Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Embracing my inner dork

I am thriled today because I finally got my hands on a hot new piece of technology. This nifty little gizmo has all kinds of crazy features, is far more advanced than the item it is replacing, and is truly indespensible to me as I make my way through life. New cell phone? Naw. New iPod? Heck no. PDA? Nay. What is this advanced piece of state-of-the-art electronics, you ask? Why, it's my brand new blood testing monitor, the One Touch UltraSmart! It can show me graphs of how my blood sugar is doing, I can assign codes (like "after dinner") to my scores, and it even has a backlight so that I can test my blood in uncomfortable places (like the backseat of a Volkswagen). Truly, it is all kinds of awesomeness wrapped up in a tiny nifty package. Am I a little bit of a nerd for being really excited about a freaking blood sugar monitor? Yes. Do I care? No!