Wednesday, July 18, 2007

This mortgage advertisement Just. Got. Serious.

Today on the way home for lunch (ever notice how many of my blog posts begin with precisely that phrase?) I heard a radio ad for one of my favorite companies*, Lennox Financial Services, whose owner has the most hilarious line ever (about his mortgages): "It's the biggest no-brainer in the history of earth." Ok, well put, very understated. But in today's ad he was talking about how he likes to avoid predatory lending practices. He said (paraphrasing): "I believe what goes around comes around. If you hurt a kid [note: wait, what?], you'll get yours, in this life or the next one. Someone's going to work on you with a blowtorch and a drill." Stop. WTF? The guy starts the ad talking about closing costs, and ends by talking like an especially pissed off version of Charles Bronson. Crazy. But, kind of awesome. I'm torn on this one.


*"Favorite" in this context means my favorite to make fun of.