Friday, February 1, 2008

Not to brag or anything, but Tina Fey TOTALLY reads my blog

How do I know Tina Fey reads my blog? Did she, like, write me an email? No. Did she send a bouquet of flowers, or ham, to me after collapsing with laughter after reading one of my posts? Uh, no. She did, however, mention the name of my blog in an interview she conducted in December! OMG! (Please allow me this fantasy, and forget for the moment that the name for this blog was actually stolen from a bit in 30 Rock.) Check it out!

Q) You mentioned in the September 23, 2007 New York Times that last year you sometimes trolled the Internet looking for references to “30 Rock.” What is the strangest reference you found?.

A) Oh, let’s see. That’s a good question. I would go and - I would Google phrases from the show and just to see if they were popping up anywhere. Mindgrapes. I got a few results for Mindgrapes. Pregnant cornbread I think will get you a couple hits on Google. I’m trying to think if there’s anything weirder than pregnant cornbread. That might be the weirdest one that I was able to find.

Check it! "That I was able to find." I've been telling people for a long time that this here website is the FIRST SITE LISTED if you do a Google search for "pregnant cornbread". That's right! Number 1! Which means she definitely saw this blog. Therefore, using the powers of logical reasoning I gained through years of study at one of our nation's most prestigious colleges in Minnesota, I can conclude that she not only reads the blog on a daily basis, but that she loves it and wants to hire me as one of the writers on 30 Rock. I shall have to carefully consider her offer.